PLARN ART TO SAVE THE PLANET!
Workshops - Join the Plarning Brigade and Start Making Stuff!
WORKSHOPS provide an overview of the project, a slideshow of Michelle Lougee’s artwork, a “how-to” session for making plarn (yarn made by cutting up recycled plastic bags) and an introduction to crocheting sculptural forms. These forms are components that will be assembled into a large-scale installation on the Bikeway.
Bring a “J” size crochet hook, a good scissors, and single-use plastic bags if you have them (newspaper subscription and supermarket shopping bags are best).
Space is limited. Please RSVP to PlarnArtPlanet@gmail.com
WORKSHOP: January 4, 1;30-4:30, Fox Library Community Room
- WORKSHOP: February 1, 10am-1pm, Fox Library Community Room, sponsored by ArtLinks!
- WORKSHOP: February 11, 10am-noon, Council on Aging
- TEEN WORKSHOP: February, TBD, Robbins Library
- WORKSHOP: March 28, 1:30-4:30, Fox Library
- WORKSHOP: March 29, 2 to 5, Roasted Granola
- EARTH DAY FAMILY PLARN MAKING WORKSHOP: April 22, Time; TBD, Fox Library
The monthly meetings will take place at the Fox Library and are an opportunity to check in with Michelle and other members of the Plarning Brigade for plarn-making, troubleshooting, new assignments, and conversation. You are welcome to come to a Meet-Up without coming to a Workshop, but it helps if you already know how to crochet or are really, really enthusiastic!
- MEET-UP: January 25, 2-4:30, Fox Library
- MEET-UP: February 22, 2-4:30, Fox Library
- MEET-UP: March 14, 2-4:30, Fox Library
- MEET-UP: April 25, 2-4:30, Fox Library
- MEET-UP: May 16, 2-4:30, Fox Library
- MEET-UP: June 27, 2-4:30
--- For Experienced Crocheters ---
WORKSHEETS VIA EMAIL
if you know how to crochet and can’t make a workshop or just want to get started, we can email you worksheet patterns and instructions on making plarn. Just send us a request via email to: PlarnArtPlanet@gmail.com.
We can engage more people in the workshops if we have volunteer mentors – people who already know how to crochet and are willing to be a “buddy” and show their neighbor how to do the basic stitches. Please let us know if you can help with this teaching aspect of the workshops and meet-ups by emailing PlarnArtPlanet@gmail.com.