CALL FOR ARTISTS: En Plein Air Event at Town Day 2023
1. All artists are welcome to participate. There will be first and second prize awards to the winners selected by 2 professional jurors, and a gift certificate will be awarded to a winner selected from an “Arlington Votes” ballot box. First prize is $500, and second prize is $250.
2. All artists must be self-sufficient by bringing the surface previously listed and approved in the application-see below, and all the necessary tools to paint (easel, canvas or paper, brushes, rugs, chair and containers for water).
3. There will be 2 artists working in one of the 3 pre-assigned areas within the park at each shift. One artist may be selected to work within the ArtLinks tent.
4. Only water or dry media will be accepted (watercolors, acrylic, pencils, and pastels). Water will be available at the ArtLinks tent. NO-OIL BASED MEDIA is allowed.
5. There will be 2-two-hour shifts for painting. At the end of the shifts, artists will clean up and bring their finished pieces to the ArtLinks tent for display, judging and public pre-sale.
10:30 am – 12:30 pm | PAINT for First Shift Artists.
12:30 pm – 2:30 pm | PAINT for Second Shift Artists.
2:30 to 3:00 pm | Display all artwork in tent
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm | Judging and Announcement of Winners
3:30pm – 4:15 pm | Art is offered for sale to the public
– Short bio & Artist Statement, no more than 100 words
– Contact information (website/social media presence, email and phone #)