- City of Boston – Artist Resource Newsletter (Sept. 2018)
- Public Art Guidelines
- Open Studios (ACA) All mediums encouraged, including painting, photography, fiber, ceramics, glass, fine jewelry, mixed media, printmaking, sculpture, artisanal food, writers & poets, musicians and makers of all kinds! Located at Arlington Town Hall and the Central School.
- Street Performer Application Form
- Cantilena Cantilena, a women’s chorale, is an ensemble of approximately 40 singers, dedicated to performing a diverse repertoire of music written for the treble voice spanning the15th to the 21st centuries.
- Family Folk Chorale The Family Folk Chorale is a multi-generational group of more than 60 singers of all ages and a band comprised of some of Boston’s most versatile musicians. Chris Eastburn, Artistic Director.
- Jam n Java Open Mic Join Us First Friday of Each Month
for the Jam’n Java Open Mic 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Sign up to play or come listen to talented local performers. Admission is free. All are welcome.
Food and beverages available for purchase.
- Morningside Music Studio Ensembles Morningside offers a wide variety of ensembles for all ages and all levels. Jazz ensembles work on building a jazz repertoire and then polishing a set of music to perform. Performances happen every couple months. These groups are for adults with separate groups for students teens and tweens.
- Mystic Chorale The Mystic Chorale’s mission is to make music a participatory experience, promoting singing as an act of compassion while exploring through song the musically rich and diverse cultures that abound in this world. “… the sound is infectious, as the music spreads, like some merry contagion, from soloist to chorus to audience, until the only star in the hall is the timeless joy of a shared song. – Scott Alarik, Boston Globe.
- Park Avenue Congregational Church Concert Series This church runs a concert series. If you are musician and would like to be a part of it, use the link above.
- Philharmonic Society of Arlington Membership in the Orchestra is open to all instrumentalists without audition. Placement, however, is subject to the requirements of the music and the determination of the conductor.
- Porchfest Porchfest is a grassroots, walkable community music festival where bands play on front porches and people walk and bike around to enjoy lots of free music. Takes place early June. Sponsored by the Arlington Center for the Arts. email@example.com
Written and Spoken Word:
- Arlington Author’s Salon The Arlington Author Salon is a free reading series with a twist: each author’s presentation includes something special to tickle the senses. Music, paintings, photographs, tasty treats, fabrics, even smells! Let yourself be transported with an immersive, literary experience. Located at Kickstand Café.
- Fugitive Stories We bring Moth and Massmouth winners, along with others from the local community, to share their stories. We also invite audience members who are interested in telling a four- to five-minute story on our theme to drop their name in a hat. If chosen, they’ll tell their tale. Located at Kickstand Café.
- Poet Laureate The duties of the Poet Laureate shall be to present original works of poetry, conduct readings and participate in public events and Town, public school and library programs as appropriate and practicable.
- ArtLinks Facebook Group An online networking and supporting group for all artists living/working in Arlington, Massachusetts.
- Arlington Public Art Facebook Page An online group to promote dialog about public art and to create and fund opportunities for the creation and display of art in the public realm.