We are a community of artists of all disciplines. We aim to provide mutual support, share information, and present a collective voice for the arts in Arlington, MA. To find out more, contact organizer Lidia Kenig-Scher at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on Facebook.
We meet on the 1st Wednesday of the month, noon – 2:30pm in even months, and 6:30 – 9pm in odd months. Our meetings take place at the Arlington Center for the Arts (20 Academy St, 3rd floor), and begin with 30 minutes for networking around a bagged meal, if desired, followed by a presentation or a show-and-tell, and then a brief business meeting.
Our goals are to:
1. Provide a social connection for artists who live, work or practice in Arlington through monthly meetings and other events.
2. Enhance the artistic and cultural identity of Arlington through exhibits, performances, and participation in community events.
3. Collaborate with municipal agencies, businesses, schools, libraries, and youth organizations to expand opportunities for artists in Arlington to meet the needs of the community.
4. Seek professional development opportunities for artists to support their economic viability and expertise in business practices.
5. Reach out to create collaborative works across different disciplines.
6. Support the establishment of a space dedicated to artists’ needs, including exhibitions, rehearsals, performances, visual arts practice and meetings.
7. Advocate for public funding for the arts.