The Grants Committee of the Arlington Commission for Arts and Culture announces an extension of its deadline for submitting applications for grants. The deadline for submission is now December 14, 2020. Grants are used to fund arts, humanities, and interpretive science programs to benefit the community of Arlington.
Annually, these grants typically range from $150 to $1000. The Grants Committee receives its funding from the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC), which has done an extraordinary job of advocating for arts and culture funding, helping continue investment in the cultural sector.
Arts Arlington encourages you or your organization to apply for a grant! Would a grant help you . . .
* Use music or art to bring groups together?
* Create an experiential program that brings interpretive science or history to life for a diverse audience?
* Complete a series of paintings, a musical composition, or theatrical performance?
* Create or enhance an arts program addressing social or environmental justice, or cultural inclusion?
* Actively seek to address or expose systemic racism in Arlington and our society at large?
Then please, apply today!
Check out the MCC application guidelines here on Arts Arlington, or you can visit the MCC page here.
We need applicants! A recent study determined that cultural organizations reported $484M in lost revenue, and artists reported more than $20M since March.
If you are a fan of arts and culture in our town, remember to send a note of thanks to our state representatives for demonstrating support of arts and culture, and ask them to back the House Ways & Means’ spending recommendation for MCC in the final budget.